I want to thank all my awesome readers who were willing to share their coveted cookies recipes with me so I can pass them on to you!
CHOCO NUT DAINTIES
Donated By Michelle
- ¾ c. marg.
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 c, Flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 – 6oz choc chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (chopped very fine)
- Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla thoroughly.
3. Beat in egg.
4. Blend in flour and salt.
5. Mix in ½ c. choc chips.
6. Shape into 2” logs, using a level tsp. for each. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
1. Melt over hot (not boiling) water remaining 1-1/2 c. choc
2. Chips and 1 TBL shortening stirring until melted and smooth.
3. Dip ends of cookie into choc, and roll at once in nuts.
4. Place on waxed paper until set.
5. Bake 350 oven 12-14 minutes
Pecan Pie Cookies
Donated By Dasha
- 1 Pouch Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 egg PECAN PIE FILLING
- 1 egg, Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-1/2 Cups Coarsely Chopped Pecans
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 24 regular-size muffin cups with shortening; lightly flour.
2. In large bowl, mix Cookie Base ingredients with spoon until soft dough forms. Using rounded tablespoonfuls of dough, shape dough into 1 1/4 to 1 1/2-inch balls; place in muffin cups. With thumb, make indentation in center of each. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix Pecan Pie Filling ingredients until well blended.
4. With end of wooden spoon, reshape indentations in center of each cookie to create 1 1/2-inch opening in partially baked cookie cups. Clean off end of wooden spoon with paper towel as needed. Stir filling to redistribute nuts; spoon 1 tablespoon filling into each cookie cup, stirring before filling each.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 10 minutes in pan on cooling rack. Run knife around edge of each cookie cup to loosen. Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes. Remove cookie cups from muffin cups.
Soft & Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Donated By Deborah
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Pcks French Vanilla Cake Mix
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and eggs in large bowl with mixer on low speed 1 min. Add dry cake mix; beat on medium speed 1 min. or until mixture pulls away from side of bowl and forms soft dough.
3. Shape into 44 (1-inch) balls. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten each ball, in criss-cross pattern, with tines of fork dipped in sugar.
4. Bake 7 to 8 min. or just until edges of cookies are set. (Do not overbake.) Cool on baking sheet 2 min. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Faux Girl Scout Mint Cookies
Donated By Theresa
- package of Ritz, or Town House round crackers
- 12 oz bag of Chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbs of Crisco or butter
- peppermint flavoring
- Temper & melt the chocolate. Melt the chocolate chips in either a double boiler or in the microwave with the butter or Crisco. Be careful not to burn it. If you microwave, only for ~30 seconds at a time and stir… repeat, until it’s melted and smooth. Set it aside to cool down a little.
2. Open the sleeve of the crackers and make them quickly accessible. Cover a cookie sheet (2 or more) with wax paper.
3. Drop a couple of drops of peppermint extract or oil into your chocolate and mix. Taste it. You can add more drops until you reach the taste you desire. Remember: you can always add, but you can’t take away. If you find you’ve ‘over done it’ melt some more chocolate and add it into the mix to cut back the peppermint.
4. Drop the crackers one at a time into your bowl of peppermint chocolate. Make sure that the cracker is fully covered. Lift the cracker up out of the mix – I use a fork – and let the excess chocolate drip off. You can tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to speed up the process. Lay the cracker onto the cookie sheet with the wax paper. Fill the sheet(s) up and let them ‘dry/harden’. You can also speed up this process by placing the cookie sheet into a refrigerator or other cold location.
5. Once the chocolate hardens, you can easily peel them off the wax paper. Store the cookies in a air tight – sealed container. I often use Ziploc bags and toss them into the freezer.
Donated By Christina
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Stick Softened Butter/Margarine
- 1-1/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 C Sugar
- 1/4 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Tablespoon Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 2-1/4 Cups Peanut Butter
- 4-1/2 Cups Oatmeal
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven 350˚
2. Mix ingredients in large bowl in order listed above.
3. Drop by spoonfulls onto cookie sheet and slightly flatten
4. Bake 12 minutes.
Donated By Me
- 1 Package Oreos
- 14 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 Package Vanilla Almond Bark
- Melt Almond Bark in Slow Cooker.
2. Crush Oreos in Food Processor/Blender
3. Dump Cream Cheese into Oreo crumbs. Mix Well.
4. Roll Oreo Cream Cheese combo into balls.
5. Dip Oreo Balls into Almond Bark. Place on Parchment paper-lined Cookie sheet.
6. Store dried balls in ziploc bag in freezer. Enjoy.